All sacramental records are located in the records from the parish at which the sacrament was celebrated. Individuals seeking those records generally contact the specific parish, however several churches in Barnesboro & Spangler, PA merged in 2000 and became "Prince of Peace" and those towns also combined and became "Northern Cambria".
Many individuals request copies of their Baptismal record or other sacramental records for several reasons including Baptism Sponsorship, Confirmation Sponsorship, First Communion, Marriage, Religious Ed Registration, etc.. These records are available at the church in which they were BAPTISED. All sacraments are posted in the Baptismal record books of the original church of Baptism, even if a member of another church, or confirmed or married in another church, and especially if the church no longer exists as in our case.
Prince of Peace Church has sacramental record books for ALL of the churches that merged in the year 2000 below:
If you were baptized at any of these churches, call our office for sacramental records.
The following information is required when requesting a Baptismal Certificate and/or included on the certificate:
* Your Full Name
* WHICH CHURCH you were BAPTISED in (see list above)
* Date of BIRTH
* Phone Number(s)
* Home address, email address, or address of Church requesting the Baptismal Certificate, if you are not picking it up from the Church Office.
The Church Office will then go into the Church Record Books and complete a Baptismal Certificate:
* Our records will include your name, parents' names, date of birth, date of baptism, names of sponsors, and the name of the pastor who performed the baptism on the front side of the certificate.
* Our records will include the date, church & place you had your Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, or Marriage, and if you are a Diaconate or in the Religious Profession, on the back of the Baptismal Certificate. It will also include date of annulment, if applicable.
* When completed by the church office, it is dated and signed by the current pastor of Prince of Peace and embossed with the church seal.
* Certificates may be requested via phone or mail.
* Completed certificates may be mailed to you or the church requesting your Baptismal Certificate, if applicable, or you may pick it up from the church office. You will be contacted when it is ready.
Please allow 7 to 10 days for processing.
REQUEST FORM WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!
Individuals wishing to become a SPONSOR (Godparent) for a BAPTISM or SPONSOR for a CONFIRMATION are required to provide a Sponsorship Certificate TO the church where the baptism or confirmation will take place. It must be FROM the church they are currently attending.
Please note that all SPONSORS MUST be a REGISTERED / attending member of Prince of Peace Church (no matter where the Baptism or Confirmation will take place).
Being a Sponsor is not just an honor given to a friend or relative. Being a Godparent or Sponsor implies a real appreciation and practice of the faith and a sense of responsibility towards the person being sponsored. Therefore, one should not be asked to be a sponsor simply because he/she is a relative or friend. Sponsors should be chosen because they are believers of the Catholic faith who KNOW, ACCEPT, PRACTICE, AND WITNESS to the faith.
As a registered and participating member of Prince of Peace Parish:
* You must be at least 16 years of age.
* You must have already received the sacraments of Initiation:
Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
* You must participate in Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation.
* You must receive the Sacrament of Eucharist frequently.
* You must seek out the Sacrament of Reconciliation regularly.
* You must believe all that the Catholic Church believes and teaches, and truly make a serious effort to live a good moral life worthy of imitation.
* You must realize that you assume great responsibility before God and Church in becoming a sponsor, and accept the responsibility to support the individual you are sponsoring by your support, encouragement, prayer, and example of living as a follower of Christ.
* The SPONSOR must pick up the form from Prince of Peace or come to the office to sign the Sponsorship Form if we are to mail the form directly to the church, as it needs to be signed by the Sponsor in the presence of Fr. Mark, then signed by Fr. Mark, dated and the church seal must be affixed to the completed certificate.
Certificates of Eligibility to serve as a Godparent/Sponsor cannot be issued to persons that find themselves in one or more of the following categories:
* Persons married outside the Church
* Divorced persons who have remarried without an annulment
* Unmarried persons who are cohabiting Catholic in name only
* Persons NOT registered at Prince of Peace Parish
Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.